Today, my husband turns the Big 4-0! I figured I should give him a shout out for the milestone! We celebrated John’s birthday this weekend in style by heading off to New Orleans with no kids. It was a great time and I believe John will be writing about it later this week. Thanks to Mamaw and Papaw as well as Aunt Courtney and Uncle Matt for babysitting for the weekend!
Today, we have to go about our normal day to day routine but we will celebrate as a family at home with some good food, a few decorations and of course some sweets!
For those of you that know me, I don’t dole out compliments or praise easily but I should tell John more what a great husband and father he is…..so today, I am going to tell him why I am thankful for having him in our lives!
1. You gave me two beautiful boys that I can’t imagine life without.
2. You listen to me, you listen to our boys, you listen to family and friends, you really listen and
remember what everyone tells you. You are a good shoulder to lean on.
3. You put us first…always. You are the only partner in a law firm that I know that comes home everyday
at 5 to make dinner, hang out, play and connect as a family.
4. When life gets tough, you don’t cut and run. You admit your faults, mistakes and try to grow from
5. And lastly, you handle me with more patience and understanding than any other person in my life has
over the years. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!
Ok, that is enough of the mushy stuff from me. Not really my cup of tea but I will say one last time…
Happy 40th John! We love you!